Strategy implementation 2015
In 2015, VVO implemented the following strategic priorities:
Increasing supply and shareholders’ value
- There were 1,189 apartments under construction.
- Gross investments totalled EUR 235.0 million.
- Property and housing stock renovation and repairs amounted to EUR 92.3 million.
- Operational efficiency increased.
- Divestments were made according to plan.
- IFRS reporting was launched in the first quarter of 2015.
- VVO Group declared that, in the future, it will focus on market-based operations and announced the transfer of 8,631 cost principle, state-subsidised ARA rental apartments to Y-Asunnot.
The best solutions for rental housing and a good customer experience
- The Lumo kotinyt.fi apartment rental service gave the customers the freedom to choose the rental apartment they want, sign the tenancy agreement online and move in even immediately.
- The Lumo service concepts were expanded: for instance, car sharing was introduced in several locations.
- Electronic services for customers were increased, and, for instance, it became possible to book parking spaces online.
- Nearly 90 per cent of customers would recommend VVO Group as a landlord.
Sustainable operations and efficient operating models
- The housing advisory service went nationwide.
- Competitive bids created economies of scale.
- Energy was used wisely without compromising on residents’ comfort and living conditions.
- As part of the development of climate-friendly housing solutions, VVO Group plc joined the Climate Leadership Council.
A pioneer in rental housing
- VVO Group issued its housing policy theses.
- The innovative Lumo housing services were developed further, and Lumo kotinyt.fi introduced an entirely new service concept to customers.
A competent and attractive company
- Employee satisfaction was at a high level.
- The Group was successful in the Responsible Summer Job campaign and was recognised as one of Finland’s most inspiring places to work in the Suomen innostavimmat työpaikat assessment.
- For the first time in its history, the Group participated in the Great Place to Work survey and management practices audit.